We are currently seeking an experienced Commercial Contracts Manager to join our busy Comercial Department. The ideal candidate will have been involved with the negotiation and administration of contracts for the UK Government Ministry of Defence and other agencies. Supporting the Senior Commercial Manager in delivering the Commercial activities of Chess, working with the Business Development and Bid Management Team in developing commercial solutions in response to tenders issued by the UK Government, Overseas Governments and major OEM’s and subsequently providing commercial management of Projects under contract.
Chess Dynamics is an innovative engineering company who design and manufacture electro-optical surveillance, tracking and fire control systems for defence leaders around the world. This exciting, agile company is a small, medium enterprise with over 200 employees across three UK sites.
- To be the focal point for commercial activities in the tender process on behalf of Chess, including the preparation of responses to contract conditions and supporting of the Request for Bid Approvals at both business unit and Cohort levels.
- On behalf of Chess, to manage the negotiations with customers of contract terms and conditions, including price and payment, leading to contract award and acceptance.
- Ensure that contracting risk (technical, financial, contractual) is captured and managed in the negotiation of terms and conditions for new business, ensuring all contracting obligations are fully understood.
- To provide drafting input and obtain approval for agreements to be entered into by Chess including compliance with due diligence policies, including supporting the Business Development team with the teaming and other collaborative arrangements.
- Build and maintain effective customer and partner relationships, liaise with internal stakeholders and providing support to the Senior Commercial Manager including acting as a delegate where required.
- To support the Supply Chain team in the drafting and negotiation of sub-contracts for both goods and services.
- To provide the Project Management team with commercial advice and support regarding effective contract execution through the contract lifecycle, from the issue of internal authorisation through to contract closure in project.
- Broad based knowledge of, and at least five years’ experience working within, the defence industry.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the International and UK defence contracting environment, with a detailed understanding of pricing, contract terms and conditions, financing and funding mechanisms and a working knowledge of contract law.
- Have previous experience in working across internal and external business boundaries.
- Have relevant experience in the conduct and conclusion of contract negotiations with customers.
- Demonstrates our company values of Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence and Courage
- Highly organised and methodical approach, with an eye for detail
- The ability to work independently when required
- A flexible, conscientious, and diligent attitude
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and written skills
- A resilient and adaptable approach always
Interested in pursuing a career with us? Our benefits listed below:
Work life balance:
- 37.5 hour week
- Hybrid / flexible working arrangements
- Lunchtime finishes on a Friday
- 28 days annual leave – in addition to bank holidays
Family & Wellbeing Standard Benefits – All employees:
- Group pension plan – up to 4% matched employer contributions
- Income protection scheme and employee assistance programme
- Employee Help@Hand service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service and physiotherapy consultations
- Life assurance policy, including bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Company shares incentive plan and save as you earn scheme
- Group electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to Aviva wellbeing app and the addition of mental health support for all employees. Plus, regular activities across our sites to support and promote wellbeing
- Regular sports and social activities
- Reward platform (high street discounts, employee benefits, health, and wellbeing offerings).
- Recruitment recommendation bonus
- Excellent learning & development opportunities
- Great working environment with free, onsite car parking across all our locations
Click here to apply now.