Chess Dynamics is an established Leading Design & Manufacturing business, with several sites across the UK. Our product range is cutting-edge and services the surveillance and defense industries with products that aid specific client requirements - driving innovation is at the heart of everything we do. We currently require an experienced Electronics Engineer to assist with the design and development of electrical and electronic hardware and embedded software.
- Take a leading role in multi-discipline technical projects and provide guidance to other engineers during development project phases
- Work from initial customer specifications to generate internal design requirements
- Design and develop electrical and electronic systems for compliance with customer specifications
- Prove the viability of new concepts from first principles – including circuit modelling and calculations
- Work with customers to assist integration, commissioning and problem resolution activities
- Liaise with the production team to ensure that all data related to the electronic and electrical design of a system is available for procurement.
- Identify and mitigate risks within the design and development process
- Assist project management, senior management and production with the successful running and administration of engineering projects
The Successful Applicant:
- Strong degree in Software / Electronics or related discipline is essential
- Previous experience of combined electronic, electrical and software design.
- Some knowledge of EMC qualification testing would be ideal but is not essential.
- Experience of embedded electronics development and solid understanding of project design life cycle
- Some embedded software design experience using ARM and the Keil environment is highly desirable but not essential
- Understanding of the integration of electronics and software into complete systems, including mechanical interaction
- Experience of system modelling and simulation is an advantage
What's on Offer:
A competitive salary with benefits including 26 days Annual holiday (Plus Bank Holidays), Contributory Pension, Income Protection, Childcare Vouchers and a High-Street Discounts Scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org