Chess Dynamics is an established Leading Design & Manufacturing business, with several sites across the UK. Our product range is cutting-edge and services the surveillance and defence industries with products that aid specific client requirements - driving innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
The responsibility of the FSE is to provide support to our customers, ensuring the stable operation of our hardware & software products. We currently require an FSE to join our Naval team providing support on our Fire Control Systems & Naval Electro-Optical Surveillance Systems.
- Provide commissioning, service, repairs and after-sales support to Chess products and systems both in house and on customer site
- Fault-find and troubleshoot systems, often on-board ships, to establish fault and repair as required
- Assist with associated technical documentation related to work carried out
- Support the Sales team in demos and trials for customers as necessary
- Provide technical support and advice to internal and external customers
- Preparation of risk assessments and SSOW’s for installation/commissioning activities
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience within a similar position is essential, with hands-on electro-mechanical skills.
- Exposure with the Navy or Military is required, knowledge of Naval Surveillance Systems advantageous.
- Knowledge of ethernet protocols – RS242 / serial links etc with the ability to perform fault diagnosis.
- Basic skills in mechanical, electrical and electronics.
- Experience of writing comprehensive visit and fault reports
- Must be willing to travel worldwide within short notice period, working extended hours when necessary
- Strong Customer relation/interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technically at all levels
What's on Offer
A competitive salary with benefits including 26 days Annual holiday (Plus Bank Holidays), Contributory Pension, Income Protection Scheme, Life Cover and a High-Street Discounts Scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com