Chess Dynamics is an established Leading Design & Manufacturing business, with several sites across the UK. Our product range is cutting-edge and services the surveillance and defense industries with products that aid specific client requirements - driving innovation is at the heart of everything we do. The purpose of this role is to ensure that quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation, customer specifications and business requirements.
- As Naval Systems Engineering Manager you will report to the Naval Systems Director.
- You will be responsible for Line Management of all Naval Systems engineers
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and direct projects with Technical input and expertise.
- Working with the PM team, make detailed plans to accomplish goals and direct the integration of technical activities.
- Analyse technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Production of proposal documentation and material necessary for the satisfactory response to customer RFQ/RFP requests.
- Capture Customer requirements and translate into system designs
- Prepare System Requirement Specifications and System Design Specifications
- Prepare Interface Specifications for system and sub-system elements, both internal and external documents
- Prepare Verification Cross-Reference Matrices
- Prepare and commission design proving plans and specifications ensuring compliance to the VCRM
- Conduct design and safety reviews as required
- Assist with installation and commissioning of systems at customers premises throughout the world (as required in line with business need).
- Support sales and marketing efforts for Systems business activities
- Ensure that all documentation related to your work is kept accurate and up to date in accordance with BE EN9001:2000 and AS9100.
The Successful Applicant:
Experience operating as an Engineering Team Leader and Project Technical Leader in the defence and aerospace sector is essential.
Experience of working with leadership teams.
A high degree of professionalism, integrity and confidentially.
The ability to multi-task and deliver to tight deadlines with the ability to work within an agile, fast paced environment.
Excellent communication skills, able to work with people at all levels.
A team-orientated approach and the ability to build effective working relationships with Direct Reports and Leadership teams at all levels.
Excellent attention to detail with a proactive attitude and approach.
Experience of overseas travel working in complex environments in line with key projects and business priorities.
What's on Offer:
A competitive salary, plus excellent benefits including 26 days annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays), Contributory Pension, Private Health Care, Income Protection and Life Cover.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com