Chess Dynamics is an established Leading Design & Manufacturing business, with several sites across the UK. Our product range is cutting-edge and services the surveillance and defense industries with products that aid specific client requirements - driving innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
- Responsible for driving the companies 8D reporting methodology and process by identifying root cause, correcting, and eliminating reoccurring problems.
- You will be responsible for containment actions to protect our customers products across all Chess sites coordinating closure actions ensuring 8D reports are issued in a timely manner to the relevant customers.
- You must have experience of 8D report writing and previous experience of using quality problem solving tools and techniques within a SME organisation.
- This role will require a good understanding of fault-finding techniques on electro-mechanical equipment based within a small batch engineered to order manufacturing process.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to read and interrogate technical drawings and the ability to interface with engineering personnel to seek solutions to address failure analysis and root cause.
- Assist in identifying and mitigating risks within the design, development and production processes.
- Internal Quality System Auditing to ensure processes are consistent preventing variation and defects.
- To witness inspection, survey and test of customer returned equipment as necessary to support failure mode investigations.
The successful applicant:
An HNC or equivalent in an engineering related discipline is desirable.
Previous experience of fault investigation within mechanical, electronic, electrical or software design.
Understanding of the integration of electronics and software into complex systems, including mechanical integration.
Excellent analytical skills.
Experience of creating 8D reports for customers.
What's on Offer:
A competitive salary with benefits including 26 days Annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays), Contributory Pension, Income Protection, Childcare Vouchers and a High-Street Discounts Scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com