Chess Dynamics is an established Leading Design & Manufacturing business, with several sites across the UK. Our product range is cutting-edge and services the surveillance and defense industries with products that aid specific client requirements - driving innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
To build and wire both prototype and production electronic equipment working from drawings, circuit diagrams, and engineer’s sketches. Ensuring work gets completed to the deadlines set by the production team. Working with key Stakeholders including Design Engineers, Production Staff and Management.
- Manufacturing wiring looms and assembling connectors. Routing and fitting complex wiring to enclosures and other mechanical structures. Soldering wires and PCB repair and modification work.
- Accurate assembly of equipment to Engineering drawings.
- Responsibility for inspecting own and others work, checking for electrical errors and ensuring equipment is wired to drawings before passing equipment to the next stage of the manufacturing process.
- Reporting to team leaders and Production Manager.
- Ensure changes/modifications/improvements during the build process are documented and communicated to the Engineering team via the change request process.
- Provide technical support to engineering, production and customers if required.
- Ensure that all procedures are followed as specified in the Quality Manual.
- Assist in the installation and commissioning of equipment and systems at customers premises if required.
- Ensure work can be completed by communicating material shortages with production control and purchasing.
- Maintain workplace cleanliness and organisation to agreed standards.
- Assist with relevant tool calibration when required.
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant experience in an electrical wiring field.
- Have experience in a start-up or pilot production environment (desirable).
- Possess a City & Guilds in Electronic Servicing Parts1& 2 (or similar) qualification.
- Experience and be capable of laying wiring out to standards IPC620 and soldering to IPC610 and support other staff in achieving the same standards.
- Experience of and/or be familiar with wiring standards required on military equipment.
- Possess experience of Mechanical assembly skills.
- Experience of terminating and splicing fibre optic assemblies a benefit.
- Ability to work under own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Occasional travel to customer premises (as required in line with business need).
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of applications and be fully computer literate.
- A highly focused approach in all aspects of the work with excellent attention to detail.
- A logical, systematic approach in all aspects of the role with good judgment skills in the decision-making processes.
- The ability to work independently of other staff when required.
- A flexible, conscientious and diligent attitude.
- Good communication skills, liaising with design engineers to improve and correct designs.
- A resilient and adaptable approach at all times.
- A team-orientated approach with the ability to build effective working relationships.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary with benefits including 26 days Annual holiday (Plus Bank Holidays), Contributory Pension, Income Protection Scheme, Life Cover and a High-Street Discounts Scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com