We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to lead the design and development of electrical and electronic systems, hardware and embedded software. The senior electrical role requires an experienced background and a solid appreciation of all relevant engineering disciplines. As well as leading the design activities and providing expert technical advice and review, is the bridge between the engineering project team, project management and production.
Chess Dynamics is an innovative engineering company who design and manufacture electro-optical surveillance, tracking and fire control systems for defence leaders around the world. This exciting, agile company is a small, medium enterprise with over 200 employees across three UK sites.
- Taking technical leadership of multi-discipline engineering design projects and provide guidance to other engineers during development project phases.
- Taking the lead in defining the overall electronics architecture of the system identifying key sub assembly development and technical challenges, maximising the re-use of existing equipment/capabilities.
- Maintaining oversight of all technical deliverables, requirements and issues for the project.
- Design and develop electrical and electronic systems for compliance with customer specifications.
- Produce, maintain and critique block diagrams, technical reports, wiring, cabling and PCB schematics.
- Work with customers to assist integration, commissioning and problem resolution activities.
- Understand the Customer’s technical needs and represent them to the Company. Communicate effectively with the customers in all technical issues.
- Reviewing designs at a high level to ensure they meet the expectations and requirements of the project, including costs and timescales.
- Co-ordinating technical review meetings and reporting status, including project reporting/project health checks/high level checklists and meetings in line with the QMS/tailored QMP/PMP/EMP as appropriate and required by the agreed project management strategy.
- Reviewing and maintaining actions and tasks. Particularly ensure the Prototype design status is effectively communicated to production/production control function.
- Updating published project summary data to ensure a credible source of data and links to aid project navigation.
- Working closely with the Project Management, Technical Authority and Quality function to identify risks, issues, solutions and opportunities.
- Ensure significant developments and actions are communicated to relevant personnel in the Engineering team and providing technical input to the Project Management function to allow them to generate and maintain the project plans and monthly project review packs
- Provide regular updates and project health reports for the engineering activities to their line manager
- Strong degree in a related discipline is essential.
- Proven experience of leading technical project teams.
- Experience of combined electronic, electrical and software design.
- Good all-round practical understanding of electrical and electronics systems.
- Understanding of the integration of electronics and software into complete systems, including mechanical interaction.
- Highly organised and methodical with an eye for detail.
- The ability to work independently of other staff when required.
- A flexible, conscientious and diligent attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A resilient and adaptable approach at all times.
- A team-orientated approach with the ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of EMC qualification testing.
- Embedded software design experience using ARM and the Keil environment.
- Experience of system mathematical modelling and simulation is advantageous.
- Demonstrates our company values of Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence and Courage
- Highly organised and methodical approach, with an eye for detail
- The ability to work independently when required
- A flexible, conscientious, and diligent attitude
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and written skills
- A resilient and adaptable approach always
Interested in pursuing a career with us? Our benefits listed below:
Work life balance:
- 37.5 hour week
- Hybrid / flexible working arrangements
- Lunchtime finishes on a Friday
- 28 days annual leave – in addition to bank holidays
Family & Wellbeing Standard Benefits – All employees:
- Group pension plan – up to 4% matched employer contributions
- Income protection scheme and employee assistance programme
- Employee Help@Hand service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service and physiotherapy consultations
- Life assurance policy, including bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Company shares incentive plan and save as you earn scheme
- Group electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to Aviva wellbeing app and the addition of mental health support for all employees. Plus, regular activities across our sites to support and promote wellbeing
- Regular sports and social activities
- Reward platform (high street discounts, employee benefits, health, and wellbeing offerings).
- Recruitment recommendation bonus
- Excellent learning & development opportunities
- Great working environment with free, onsite car parking across all our locations
Click here to apply now.