Chess Dynamics is an established Leading Design & Manufacturing business, with several sites across the UK. Our product range is cutting-edge and services the surveillance and defence industries with products that aid specific client requirements - driving innovation is at the heart of everything we do. We currently require an experienced Electronics Engineer to assist with the design and development of electrical and electronic hardware and embedded software.
- Take a leading role in multi-discipline technical projects and provide guidance to other engineers during development project phases
- Design and develop electrical and electronic systems for compliance with customer specifications
- Prove the viability of new concepts from first principles – including circuit modelling, calculations and lab prototype work
- Produce and maintain block diagrams, wiring, cabling and PCB schematics
- Work with customers to assist integration, commissioning and problem resolution activities
- Liaise with the production team to ensure that all data related to the electronic and electrical design of a system is available for procurement in a timely manner in accordance with the overall project plan.
- Identify and mitigate risks within the design and development process
- Assist project management, senior management and production with the successful running and administration of engineering projects, including the identification and estimation of work packages.
The Successful Applicant:
A degree in a related electrical engineering discipline is essential
Experience of combined electronic, electrical and software design
Good all-round practical understanding of electrical and electronics systems
Understanding of the integration of electronics and software into complete systems, including mechanical interaction
Desirable but not essential:
Knowledge of EMC qualification testing
Embedded software design experience using ARM and the Keil environment
Experience of system mathematical modelling and simulation is an advantage
What's on Offer:
A competitive salary with benefits including 26 days Annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays), Contributory Pension, Income Protection, Childcare Vouchers and a High-Street Discounts Scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org