Chess Dynamics is an established Leading Design & Manufacturing business, with several sites across the UK. Our product range is cutting-edge and services the surveillance and defence industries with products that aid specific client requirements - driving innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
Overall Purpose of the Role
We currently require an experienced senior electrical/systems engineer to lead the design and development of electrical and electronic systems, hardware and embedded software. The senior electrical/systems role requires an experienced background and a solid appreciation of all relevant engineering disciplines. As well as leading the design activities and providing expert technical advice and review, is the bridge between the engineering project team, project management and production.
- Taking technical leadership of multi-discipline engineering design projects and provide guidance to other engineers during development project phases.
- Taking the lead in defining the overall electronics architecture of the system identifying key sub assembly development and technical challenges, maximising the re-use of existing equipment/capabilities.
- Maintaining oversight of all technical deliverables, requirements and issues for the project.
- Design and develop electrical and electronic systems for compliance with customer specifications.
- Produce, maintain and critique block diagrams, technical reports, wiring, cabling and PCB schematics.
- Work with customers to assist integration, commissioning and problem resolution activities.
- Understand the Customer’s technical needs and represent them to the Company. Communicate effectively with the customers in all technical issues.
- Reviewing designs at a high level to ensure they meet the expectations and requirements of the project, including costs and timescales.
- Co-ordinating technical review meetings and reporting status, including project reporting/project health checks/high level checklists and meetings in line with the QMS/tailored QMP/PMP/EMP as appropriate and required by the agreed project management strategy.
- Reviewing and maintaining actions and tasks. Particularly ensure the Prototype design status is effectively communicated to production/production control function.
- Updating published project summary data to ensure a credible source of data and links to aid project navigation.
- Working closely with the Project Management, Technical Authority and Quality function to identify risks, issues, solutions and opportunities.
- Ensure significant developments and actions are communicated to relevant personnel in the Engineering team and providing technical input to the Project Management function to allow them to generate and maintain the project plans and monthly project review packs
- Provide regular updates and project health reports for the engineering activities to their line manager
The Successful Applicant:
- Strong degree in a related discipline is essential.
- Proven experience of leading technical project teams.
- Experience of combined electronic, electrical and software design.
- Good all-round practical understanding of electrical and electronics systems.
- Understanding of the integration of electronics and software into complete systems, including mechanical interaction.
- Highly organised and methodical with an eye for detail.
- The ability to work independently of other staff when required.
- A flexible, conscientious and diligent attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A resilient and adaptable approach at all times.
- A team-orientated approach with the ability to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of EMC qualification testing.
- Embedded software design experience using ARM and the Keil environment.
- Experience of system mathematical modelling and simulation is advantageous.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary with benefits including; x26 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays), Contributory Pension, Income Protection, Life Cover, Employee Discounts Scheme and Free Parking.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com