Vision4ce is a supplier of video and image processing solutions to the Electro-Optic systems market across the world. We specialise in delivering real-time video capture, processing and display systems for use in harsh environments such as security and defence. Vision4ce has a unique video tracking technology which has wide ranging application in land, sea and air systems. The software team consists of a group of highly motivated engineers with a wealth of experience in image processing and software development. Projects are focussed on providing practical solutions to real world challenges. If you’re smart, a team player and the type of person who likes to see their efforts result in products with a day-to-day use then Vision4ce is the place for you.
Chess Dynamics is a leading design and manufacturing business, with several sites across the UK. Our product range delivers capability to the Naval, Land and Security sectors with cutting-edge technology and services, ensuring innovation is at the heart of everything we do. Due to continued growth, we currently require an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the Vision4ce business unit (www.vision4ce.com).
- Design, development and testing of application software for video capture, video distribution, display and processing applications.
- Provision of technical support and integration assistance to international customers
- Generation and review of system specification documents
- Preparation of test documentation and unit tests in a continuous integration environment
- Fault finding, debugging and resolving issues
- Assist project and senior management, with the successful running and administration of engineering projects
- Follow and support the review and continuous improvement of effective team procedures and working practices
- Opportunity to take on team leading responsibilities if desired
The Successful Applicant will:
- Have a degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science, electronics, mathematics or physics
- Have experience of C++ application development for Windows or Linux using IDE’s such as Microsoft Visual Studio
- Have experience of video processing or development of computer vision algorithms
- Be an enthusiastic team player but able to work on own initiative
- Be able to adapt quickly in a fast-changing Agile environment
- Have a proven record of technical leadership
- Application and driver development under Linux for ARM processors
- Video streaming application development
- Man machine interface development using OpenGL
- CUDA, OpenCV, and other GPU computing technologies
- Experience of PC hardware architectures
- Experience of working directly with customers
- Have experience and knowledge of coaching in support of talent development within the team.
- Motivates oneself and able to manage own workload
- Able to liaise with customers verbally and in writing in an effective manner, producing reports and participating in formal design reviews.
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with all stakeholders to understand diverse and complex requirements.
- Have the ability to fit in and work well both in a team and in working autonomously when required.
- Demonstrates our company values of Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence and Courage
- Highly organised and methodical approach, with an eye for detail
- A flexible, conscientious, and diligent attitude
- A resilient and adaptable approach at all times
Interested in pursuing a career with us? Our benefits listed below:
Work life balance:
- 37.5 hour week
- Hybrid / flexible working arrangements
- 26 days annual leave (including 4 Golden Fridays per calendar year)
Family & Wellbeing Standard Benefits – All employees:
- Group Pension Plan – up to 4% matched employer contributions
- Income Protection Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Help@Hand Service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including; remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service, physiotherapy consultations
- Life Assurance Policy, including Bereavement Counselling and Probate Helpline
- Company Share Incentive Plan and Save as you Earn Scheme
- Group Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to Aviva Wellbeing App and the addition of mental health support for all employees plus regular activities across our sites to support and promote wellbeing
- Regular Sports and social activities
- Employee discounts scheme (inc access to an additional wellbeing hub)
- Recruitment recommendation bonus
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities
- Great working environment with free, onsite car parking across all our locations