We are currently seeking a Shipping Coordinator to join our Exports team. To support in organising courier and freight shipments within the UK, EU and rest of the world.
Chess Dynamics is an innovative engineering company who design and manufacture electro-optical surveillance, tracking and fire control systems for defence leaders around the world. This exciting, agile company is a small, medium enterprise with over 200 employees across three UK sites.
- Reporting to the International Trade & Compliance Manager
- Organise domestic and international movements using sea, air and/or road freight
- Responsible for managing the full import process for a shipment, from start to finish
- Liaise with oversea offices, partners and agents via phone and email
- Approving and checking freight companies’ invoices against export and import log
- Ensuring that the relevant paperwork is prepared in a timely way for customs clearance and for dealing with the daily shipping schedules
- Ensure all shipments are carried out in full compliance with local/international regulations, such as Export BIS licenses
- Provide administration support to the Export team, including filing, preparing documents, answer the phone etc
- Assist in creating document templates to improve efficiency
- Arrange deliveries online, completing delivery notes and associated paperwork
- Update files and the in-house MRP system with the required documentation
- Adhere to the company's procedures, policies and goals
- Ensure at all times that health and safety regulations and guidelines are followed
- Ensure that all procedures are followed as specified in the Quality Manual
- Ensure that all documentation related to your work is kept accurate and up to date in accordance with BS EN9001
- Work in a conscientious and safe manner at all times, with due consideration of other personnel
- Provide any further general support to the team as required
- Answer all telephones and e-mails as and when necessary in a polite and courteous manner
The successful applicant
- 2-3 years of previous experience working in shipping or logistics and working understanding of imports and exports procedures
- Possess exceptional administration and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail at all times.
- Clearly demonstrate Chess’s values of Teamwork, Integrity, Courage and Excellence at all times and be seen as a role model to your client groups and team.
- Be highly organised with strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- Be self-motivated to drive for results.
- Have the ability to work under pressure with a ‘right first time’ approach to all tasks in order to provide a First-Class Service to internal/external stakeholders.
- Have a proven ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels both internally and externally to the business.
- Be able to adapt seamlessly to changing priorities.
- Be a great team player with excellent communication (written & verbal) and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to learn and develop personally.
- Be resilient with the ability to work on own initiative and execute on key deliverables.
Interested in pursuing a career with us? Our benefits listed below:
Work life balance:
- 37.5 hour week
- Hybrid / flexible working arrangements
- Lunchtime finishes on a Friday
- 28 days annual leave - in addition to bank holidays
Family & Wellbeing Standard Benefits – All employees:
- Group pension plan – up to 4% matched employer contributions
- Income protection scheme and employee assistance programme
- Employee Help@Hand service gives you and your family access to 4 key services including remote GP service, second opinion, mental health pathway service and physiotherapy consultations
- Life assurance policy, including bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Company shares incentive plan and save as you earn scheme
- Group electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Wellbeing initiatives, including access to Aviva wellbeing app and the addition of mental health support for all employees. Plus, regular activities across our sites to support and promote wellbeing
- Regular sports and social activities
- Reward platform (high street discounts, employee benefits, health, and wellbeing offerings).
- Recruitment recommendation bonus
- Excellent learning & development opportunities
- Great working environment with free, onsite car parking across all our locations
Please click here to apply now.