Chess Dynamics is an established Leading Design & Manufacturing business, with several sites across the UK. Our product range is cutting-edge and services the surveillance and defense industries with products that aid specific client requirements - driving innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
We are currently recruiting for a Systems Engineer to assist in all phases across the complete systems engineering lifecycle; including requirements capture, system architecture design and verification and validation activities, including using installed systems at the customer site.
- Heading the specification, architectural design, and verification and validation of projects, including Safety Cases
- Applying practical skills in design techniques for defence and commercial applications, understanding key process tools and technologies.
- Producing block diagrams, detailed design drawings and supporting calculations
- Practical evaluation of new and emerging technologies
- Working closely with the wider engineering team to manage design changes and solve problems on complex systems.
- Assist with the development of the Safety Case for Systems.
- Work with customers to assist integration, commissioning and problem resolution activities
- International and Domestic travel will be required
The Successful Applicant
- A strong academic background with a degree in a relevant engineering discipline is required
- Proven technical knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle, including requirements management, system design process (including system and sub-system specification) and product validation and verification.
- Previous experience of Naval or Military Systems is desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent Relationship Management
- Complex problem solving with the ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation and evidence system-level thinking
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A working knowledge of IP networks would be beneficial
What's on Offer
A competitive salary with benefits including 26 days Annual holiday (Plus Bank Holidays), Contributory Pension, Income Protection, and a High-Street Discounts Scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com