Chess Dynamics Ltd is a medium sized UK company that provides technical solutions within the defence and security sectors. It marries mechanical and electro-optical engineering with video management software to provide users with discrete surveillance systems. We are currently recruiting for a Systems Engineer to assist in all phases across the complete systems engineering lifecycle; including requirements capture, system architecture design and verification and validation activities, including using installed systems at the customer site.
- Heading the specification, architectural design, and verification and validation of projects, including Safety Cases
- Applying practical skills in design techniques for defence and commercial applications, understanding key process tools and technologies.
- Producing block diagrams, detailed design drawings and supporting calculations
- Practical evaluation of new and emerging technologies
- Working closely with the wider engineering team to manage design changes and solve problems on complex systems.
- Assist with the development of the Safety Case for Systems.
- Work with customers to assist integration, commissioning and problem resolution activities
- International and Domestic travel will be required
Experience & Qualifications:
A strong academic background with a degree in a relevant engineering discipline is required
Proven technical knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle, including requirements management, system design process (including system and sub-system specification) and product validation and verification.
Previous experience of Naval or Military Systems is desired
Excellent communication skills
Ability to remain calm under pressure
Excellent Relationship Management
Complex problem solving with the ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation and evidence system-level thinking
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
A working knowledge of IP networks would be beneficial
What's on Offer:
A competitive salary with benefits including 26 days Annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays), Contributory Pension, Income Protection, Childcare Vouchers and a High-Street Discounts Scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com