We are very pleased to announce that in this year’s Cohort Business Excellence Awards, Chess employees won four awards!
The purpose of the awards is to recognise and reward employees and team’s business excellence across the Cohort Group.
Business excellence means working in a way that leads to an excellent outcome for the business such as:
- Achieving success in challenging circumstances
- Going significantly beyond what is expected
- Performing your role more effectively by doing it in a new way
- Creating new products to meet customers’ needs
- Increasing business effectiveness and efficiencies through innovation
- Finding a way to achieve more output for less cost
- Winning or delivering important new business
For 2020 Cohort also recognised achievement that reflects the Cohort Group Values:
- We believe in playing our part
- We believe in being results driven
- We believe in independent thinking
The awards won by Chess were as follows;
The Chess IT Team – Ryan Bradford and Scott Kendall were highly commended for all of their work in enabling Chess to transition seamlessly to remote working during the first lock down whilst upgrading our systems to achieve Cyber Essentials Plus certification.
The Bid Team – Nathan Willcocks, Kerry Barnes, Stephanie Buller, Michael Green and Martin Read were awarded the Cohort Values Award for their work in winning the MCMV contract.
Kerry Barnes was awarded a Bronze Award for her commitment to supporting long-term growth across Chess, and embodying the Cohort Group Values.
The Trials Team – Lee Wren (Vision4ce), Martin Hewitt, John Morgan, Ben Moffatt, Mark Faux, Sunil Sudra, Chris Henderson, Deborah Hards, Mark Campbell and Michael Otty were awarded both a Silver Award and the top Gold Award for their work in delivering an exceptional result!
This is the second year running that a Chess team has won the top award which is a fantastic achievement! We are very proud of every one of our employees, you all are truly instrumental in the achieving the success that we have seen over these past years.